When planning your trip, it’s important to note that:
- The only assistance animals allowed on board the airplane are dogs.
- This service is free only in countries where regulations recognize the concept of emotional support animals, in other words, on international flights to or from Colombia and Mexico; and on domestic flights within Colombia. If your trip doesn’t correspond to one of these routes, your pet can travel with the transportation service for animals in the cabin or in the hold.
- One emotional support dog per passenger may be transported and it must be at least 4 months old.
For it to travel with you, you must notify us 48 hours before your flight departure time, following these steps:
1. Go to our Contact form
2. Complete the following route: Request - Special requests - Documents for traveling with emotional support dogs.
We advise that you read it carefully, as in this document we specify which are the requirements that the dog must meet, your responsibilities as its owner and a certificate from the treating physician confirming your need to travel with an emotional support animal.
During the flight, you must consider the following aspects:
- The dog can travel at your feet or under the cabin seat without obstructing the aisles and will not be permitted in seats located by the emergency exits.
- It must also wear a leash or harness, be clean, healthy and know how to behave itself. If your dog is restless or aggressive, we recommend you transport it in the hold of the airplane.
- And we suggest that you travel with a muzzle on board, in case it may be necessary to use.
For more information about requirements and conditions, go to our Special needs section: Transportation of assistance animals.