We are committed to keeping our employees and clients safe during the current global Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are following all World Health Organization recommendations and local authority recommendations in the areas we operate.
What we are doing:
- We have strengthened crew procedures on how to act and who to notify if they see a suspicious case during a flight.
- We have implemented on-board communications when landing in certain countries in compliance with local regulations.
- We have protection items for personnel welcoming international flights.
- We have monitoring and medical attention protocols in place, if needed, for employees that have been in contact with a confirmed case.
And on our airplanes:
- We have implemented special cleaning procedures for airplanes where a suspicious case is detected.
- We have improved our stock of personal protection items within the airplane that will be used according to protocol if a suspicious case arises.
- We added hand sanitizer in all our airplane bathrooms.
- Our airplanes have an air recycling system that recycles airplane air every 3 minutes using HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters, which capture viruses and particles.
To find out more about the policies on flexibility and precautions that we have taken in response to the coronavirus outbreak, please go to our section with important information about COVID-19.